Charitable trust awards grants
The board members who serve on the Capital Electric Cooperative Charitable Trust meet two times a year to review Operation Round Up applications and award grants. In February, Roger Christianson, Jerry Doan, LeAna Hug, Barb Handy-Marchello and Jim McCullough reviewed applications that were submitted by Jan. 31.
The board members awarded 10 grants totaling $18,092. Checks were distributed during a presentation ceremony on Feb. 25 at co-op headquarters in Bismarck. The following individuals and organizations received assistance from participating Capital Electric members and the co-op’s Operation Round Up program:
• Two community members for medical expenses
• Sleepy Hollow Summer Theater for safety lights
• Runners Against Destructive Decisions for a drug program
• Heartview Foundation for the HEART program
• Abused Adult Resource Center for Pam’s House
• Glencoe Sloan Memorial Presbyterian Church for a new roof
• Bismarck Chamber Foundation for a universal playground
• Burleigh County Senior Adults for advertising
• Village Family Service Center for a sound system
The next application deadline will be July 31. Any person in the counties of Burleigh and Sheridan may submit an application to receive an Operation Round Up grant. To request an application, call Capital Electric Cooperative at 701-223-1513 or download the form at www.capitalelec.com (click “Member Services” and “Operation Round Up”).